Sundial Caliente Mix
Item no. U1701, U1701 / U
- Earliest type
- Vigorous, well branched habit
- Fills pots and packs quickly
5″ / 13 cm
Multi-pelleted & Raw
- Uses: Mixed containers, bedding, landscaping
- Exposure: Sun
- Garden height: 5″ / 13 cm
- Crop time: 8-10 weeks
- Sowing method: 2 seeds per plug, 1 multi-seed pellet per plug
- Germination*: Stage I : 2-3 days at 70-78 °F (22-26 °C). Sow in media with very low soluble salt levels and pH 5.5-6.2. Light is not essential, but beneficial for germination. Keep soil moist but not wet. Keep relative humidity between 90-95%. At the end of stage I the radicle will have emerged and the cotyledons begin to unfurl.
- Growing On: 4-5 weeks after sowing (288-tray) transplant 1 plant into 10-11 cm (4-5’’) pots or packs
- Media: Use a well-drained substrate with pH 5.5 -6.2 and 1-1.5kg/m3 fertilizer
- Temperature: 18 °C-22 °C (65-72 °F). Temperatures below 18 °C (65 °F) will inhibit induction and result in poor or no vegetative growth.
- Fertilization: Moderate fertilization levels are required. Fertilize the crop with 150-200 ppm nitrogen, using a complete balanced fertilizer.
* Germination Stages (from seed to finished young plant)
Stage I Starts with the radicle breaking through the testa. The roots are touching the medium.
Ends with fully developed cotyledons.
Stage II Starts from fully developed cotyledons. Ends with the fully developed true leaf or true leaf pair.
Stage III Starts from the fully developed true leaf or true leaf pair and ends with 80% of the young plants being marketable.
Stage IV All young plants are ready for sale and in the process of being hardened off. This stage lasts about 7 days.
The cultural recommendations are based on results from trials conducted under Central European conditions. Different conditions in other parts of the world may lead to deviations in results achieved.