Item no. U4560
- Truly A Masterpiece
- Bred for fall or early spring production; extreme uniformity and flowering across the entire series
- Plants remain compact, even under high heat; allows growers to produce more high quality plants
- PIANO has large flowers and small leaves; creating instant visual impact
- Not available in Japan and United Kingdom
8″ / 20 cm
Sun - Partial shade
Bedding, Potplant, Landscape
- Uses: Pots, combination planters, landscape plantings for fall and spring
- Exposure: Sun - Partial shade
- Garden height: 8″ / 20 cm
- Crop time: 18-20 weeks
- Sowing method: 1-2 seeds/Plug
- Germination*: Stage 1 (7-14 days)
- Growing On: Transplant plugs after 9-11 weeks. Maintain temperatures of 60-65 °F (16-18 °C). Fertilize at 100-150 ppm nitrogen. Maintain pH levels of 5.5-5.8 and EC levels of <1.0.
- Media: Well drained soil with low salt level, EC below 1.0, pH 5.8-6.2
- Temperature: After potting 12-15 °C. Reduce temperature to 4-7 °C as soon as the plants have developed a good root system and 6-8 leaves. Overwintering frost free at 3-5 °C is possible, if plants have formed a good leaf rosette.
- Fertilization: Moderate fertilization levels are required. Use a well-balanced calcium nitrate based formulation. Apply 100-150 ppm N as necessary to maintain an EC of 1.0. Later on use a fertilizer with N:K 1:1,5, as potassium deficiency causes leaf necrosis. At high nitrogen levels plants can become to leavy. Too high pH and too wet soil combined with low temperatures may cause iron deficiency. Apply chelated iron, if chlorosis becomes a problem.
* Germination Stages (from seed to finished young plant)
Stage I Starts with the radicle breaking through the testa. The roots are touching the medium.
Ends with fully developed cotyledons.
Stage II Starts from fully developed cotyledons. Ends with the fully developed true leaf or true leaf pair.
Stage III Starts from the fully developed true leaf or true leaf pair and ends with 80% of the young plants being marketable.
Stage IV All young plants are ready for sale and in the process of being hardened off. This stage lasts about 7 days.
The cultural recommendations are based on results from trials conducted under Central European conditions. Different conditions in other parts of the world may lead to deviations in results achieved.