Robin GrassItem no. Z0970
- Dense velvety ruby pink panicles, blue green leaves turning deep red in the fall, flat tuft-forming habit
- Ideal for container production and for fresh and dried floral arrangements
18″ / 45 cm
Sun - Partial shade
- Uses: Rock and heath garden, cut and dried flower production
- Exposure: Sun - Partial shade
- Garden height: 18″ / 45 cm
- Crop time: 20-22 weeks
- Sow time: December-March for green pot in May; March-May for flowering in pots from July onwards; Outdoors: from April onwards
- Sowing method: 4-6 seeds in plugs, sowing directly into field is recommended
- Germination*: 7-14 days at 70-75 °F (21-24 °C). Cover seed lightly with vermiculite after sowing.
- Growing On: Transplant plugs after 6-8 weeks. Grow on at 58-60 °F (14-15 °C).
- Temperature: 12-15 °C
* Germination Stages (from seed to finished young plant)
Stage I Starts with the radicle breaking through the testa. The roots are touching the medium.
Ends with fully developed cotyledons.
Stage II Starts from fully developed cotyledons. Ends with the fully developed true leaf or true leaf pair.
Stage III Starts from the fully developed true leaf or true leaf pair and ends with 80% of the young plants being marketable.
Stage IV All young plants are ready for sale and in the process of being hardened off. This stage lasts about 7 days.
The cultural recommendations are based on results from trials conducted under Central European conditions. Different conditions in other parts of the world may lead to deviations in results achieved.